Re: [IPk] Re: Adrenaline

Hi Barbara,

You tell your daughter from me that the ONLY time she should be upset
about her blood glucose being high is when  she knows that she should
have taken more care of her diabetes (e.g. read the label rather than
guessing how much carbohydrate was in something, measured bg before
exercising, etc. etc.).

Best wishes to all,

(upset because she tried the quickset again, and despite the previous
two having failed, tried it at 6pm - went to bed slightly high - but
have been struggling with a cold ... and woke up with projectile
vomiting from the ketones at 4am).  I will try once more, with a hand
insertion, but this time do it at 6am, so I have a nice long day of
hourly testing so I know when it's failed.)

>I know Caroline; it's annoyed me really.  My daughter was upset about her
>sugar being high and since reading the message about adrenaline, I have
>explained it to her and she is relieved just as much as I am.

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)