Re: [IPk] Hypos and fits

>I have been fine sometimes with
>a bg of 2.0 and then other times, I have felt confused.

Me too!  The speed of descent has something to do with it, and so does
what I'm doing, how tiered I am, and so on.  My best clue to hypo is a
visual disturbance, which is very, very consistent.  Fortunately, it is
most obvious when I'm concentrating on a computer screen or the page of
a book - exactly the circumstances when I'm most likely to push other
symptoms to the back of my mind.

Since going on the pump, very minor hypos (high 3s) have become a weekly
occurrence.  Good job I can afford the dextrose tablets (cappuccino,
John, really? - could be good as the caffeine will counteract the
'insulin headache').  Lower lows (2s and low 3s) are about as common as
they were on mdi.  However, they seem shallower (i.e. less CHO needed to
get me out of them, and not as exhausting).

Best wishes,

(who once poured a glass of sangria into the transformer of her lap-top,
and had to confess the fact to a number of academic lists who got rather
irate by the bouncing emails from the blocked mailbox)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)