Re: [IPk] Driving/Fits/Hypos

>There is no getting away from it.  If you have
>had a hypo causing fits as recently as 12 months ago should one be
>driving?  Personally I think not.

Julian - I share your views and concerns. Which is why I spoke honestly to
my diabetes consultant about it. He took the view that if I understood why
that particular bad hypo had happened, and modified my behaviour in future
(increasing my BG target when driving, checking my BG on the road every 60
minutes etc) I could prevent myself being a risk in future.

Not a water tight argument, I know. But I was happy that someone more
senior than me had given me the go-ahead.

mailto:email @ redacted