[IPk] Re: Adrenaline

Hi Barbara,

I find it strange that your diabetes team di not agree with the theory
about adrenaline. I think you're absolutely right. Whenever I have
unexplained prolonged high BG's the first question I always seem to get
asked is "are you stressed, because adrenaline pushes your sugars up"
The effect of stress on blood sugars is well documented (and from
personal experience, I concur!) so it seems strange that your
daughter's diabetes team should dismiss excitement/fear with the
obvious associated rise in adrenaline as a cause of high sugars.

Caroline Batistoni