[IPk] Re: hypos and seizures

Hi Di

Adults are apparently less prone to seizures because they have a higher
"seizure threshold" than children. "Seizure threshold" is not a
measureable value, more of a concept - if you gave two people
seizure-inducing drugs, it would take different doses to provoke
seizures, the higher the dose, the higher the threshold. This is also
the reason many children have febrile convulsions (i.e seizures with
high temperature) but this is rare in adults.

I tend to be prone to seizures with hypos, but I know that I have a low
seizure threshold as I have epilepsy.

To completely change the subject, I know that you dance a lot, but I
cannot remember where abouts in the country you are from. I was
wondering if you dance at the Pineapple studios in Covent Garden. One
of my friends was very enthusiastically telling me today about a dancer
she saw there last night who had an insulin pump just like mine. You
sprang to mind!!

Caroline Batistoni