HYPOS and seizures WASRe: [IPk] Constant highs

My experience with my 8 year old is that severe hypos are, unfortunately not
that rare.  She has has at least 7 severe hypo where she has had seizures each
time.   My daughter never wakes when her levels drop but sleeps on.  The first
seizure she was in my bed next to me and wasn't restless or sweaty or anything
just when straight into a seizure.  I have had to use glucagon several times.

Other parents have reported similar experiences to me.

Most of the time I am too busy trying to get the blood sugar up to have
actually taken a reading.  But as soon as the seizure is finished I take it
and its still very low.

She has had a seizure at 2.5 and at other times has been walking and talking
at this level.

I have since changed the insulin from the dreaded Mixtard 30 and I still check
most nights at 2.30am
because once you have seen this happen to your child you are just so scared
that this is going to happen again.  It is one of the most horrible
experiences to watch your child screaming and jerking and being partly aware
at the time that this is happening to them then looking straight through you
because they cant see properly their eyes unfocused but still feeling the
terror.  Later she cannot always remember what happen which I am thankful for
but at the time it is happening she if terrified and screams in a animal like
way. Stuff of nightmares!

Mum of Sasha dx 1999 now aged 8