[IPk] My brother

Hello everyone

You all probably know that I am diabetic and so is my daughter and a lot more
in my immediate family.  The thing is, my brother was diagnosed at 21 and is
now 26 but he works away.  He is into the gym in a big way and works out 6
days a week.  He is extremely fit.  However, he had his very first hypo a few
weeks ago and doesn't know how it happened.  He has experienced the symptoms
and acted in time in the past but this time, he hit the floor and actually
went unconscious without any warnings.  All he can remember is picking an
argument with a friend and accusing this friend of stealing something from
him and then he doesn't remember anything else.

He wants me to give him a sort of guide that he can hand to his colleagues
and also that he can learn from himself.  He knows quite a lot about what
diabetes is because he has grown up with a family full of it but he would
like to know a bit more now that he has it too.  He told me "This illness is
not going to get the better of me!  I am going to fight it!".  I was
wondering if anyone could suggest a book that I could buy for him that goes
beyond just what diabetes is.  I think he needs something about nutrition and
excercise and something that would include bits about why your blood sugar
fluctuates for no known reason to yourself.  He asked me if I could put my
knowledge down in writing for him.  I could do that, but I would prefer to
send him a book written by a professional.  He is not on a pump.  He injects
quick-acting insulin before each meal.