Re: [IPk] Constant highs

Hi Julian,

what happens when you inject the insulin in rather than pumping it in?

If syringes work, and the pump doesn't, suspect another problem with
your set or site (they do sometimes happen in sequences - I got three in
a row, and I think someone here got four in a row).

If syringes don't work any better than the pump, suspect an oncoming
infection.  Just up the basal, and set the alarm so you pick up a night-
time hypo, should it not be an oncoming infection, but something else.
If you don't develop spots or a streaming nose in a couple of days, but
the bgs stay high (and do try 'by syringe' regularly), then call your
pump team.  Keep testing for ketones, and call your doctor if they hit
the 'mediums'.

Try not to worry - running in the 12 to 18 range is 'perfectly normal'
for non-pumpers with illnesses, and providing you're not getting
ketones, it won't have a big impact.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, still searching for something which will convert Oslo
street addresses to GSM84 long and lat!)

In message <email @ redacted>,
email @ redacted writes
>I'm suggestion hunting I'm afraid.  I have had constantly high BM's from
>yesterday afternoon.  Ranging betwee 12 and 18.  I do not have any infection or
>anything.  I changed the infusion set this morning and I am pouring insulin into
>myself almost.  Doesn't seem to make any difference.    Any suggestions anyone?

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)