From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On
Behalf Of email @ redacted
Sent: 16 June 2002 00:51
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPk] My little angel's scarring

Hello everyone

My little girl was diagnosed in August last year and we have tried our
hardest to rotate the sites but now it is becoming noticeable that she
either bruises or marks where she has her injections.  She said that
stare at her legs when she is getting ready or unready after swimming
school.  I don't want her to feel like this, but I noticed today that
she was
showing bruises and red marks around her belly button area and it would
made me question it if I didn't know she was diabetic.  She is really
starting to become aware of it.  How many other mums have noticed that
is something happening to their child's skin and how do you avoid the
scarring or noticeable marks where the injections have been?

I know that the pump can produce even more scarring than this so how do
parents sort this out?  Do your children wear long tops instead of belly
or do they wear longer shorts to cover the marks on the legs?  Does
have this problem, and if not, why not?  What do you do to disguise the