RE: [IPk] Insulin Jets (pain-free insulin administrations)

I recently had a conversation with my dentist about this or something
very similar, as it is now possible to have anaesthetic injections
through a very similar system.  The subject came up because I noticed
the vials it uses and remarked that they looked similar to pen
cartridges.  He's promised to let me try it, if and when I next need any
treatment!  I hope it will be a long time before I need to do so!

I said that I thought such systems were not a good idea, because they
caused a lot of bruising.  Apparently, the first systems used a high
pressure jet to literally blast the insulin through the skin, and this
destroyed cells in the process, causing swelling and pain.  The new
system (I don't know if it this one for sure) uses a gentler jet, to
pass the insulin between the skin cells and therefore shouldn't be as

He tried both on himself for oral anaesthetic.  The first one never went
anywhere near a patient as he was in so much agony for 24 hours!
However, he says the new one is fine.  I'll let you know if I ever get
to try it.

At the end of the day, I suspect it won't make a huge difference to BG
control because of the same issues with different absorption rates from
different sites, as with normal injections.

As with all new things, I would try and speak to someone who has
actually used it, before committing to it.

I look forward to hearing more on this subject.