RE: [IPk] Did anyone else receive a letter like this?

I received a similar letter a letter 10 months after my
application, although I did have the support of my consultant
their was insufficient funding at the hsopital for me (I was
out of area).  I was also told that that the trust did not
fund consumables for items that had been purchased by the
patient rather than the NHS.  I phoned and requested an
outline of their appeals process and they gave me a name and
an address to write to.  I wrote and pointed out that:

1.  funding was not available at the hospital although my
consultant supported my application and

2:  that I bought a pen when on MDI and the NHS paid for the
needles (eventually!).  I bought a blood glucose meter and
the NHS paid for the srips etc etc

They then wrote back and told me that cases like mine which
fell outside of their usual guidelines were considered by a
special committee and that my case would be referred.  That
committee met last friday and I am waiting to hear.

Don't give up

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader