[IPk] Did anyone else receive a letter like this?

Hello everyone

You might remember that I wrote a letter to the Primary Care Trust requesting
funding for a pump for my daughter Danielle.  Well, this is their response:-

Further to your letter, I would like to confirm that insulin pump therapy can
only be arranged via the hospital currently managing Danielle's care.  It is,
of course, inappropriate for Cheshire West Primary Care Trust to purchase
equipment directly because clinical records are not held by this

I would therefore like to suggest that you contact your daughter's Consultant
to discuss whether insulin pump therapy is clinically indicated.  If a trial
is recommended by Dr. (Danielle's doctor), then Mid Cheshire Hospitals will
be able to arrange this and discuss any funding consequences with the Primary
Care Trust directly.

>From the Director of Commissioning & Strategy.

First of all, I know Danielle's Consultant knows nothing about the pump but
he said he would still see her at clinic as long as the pump is looked after
elsewhere (ie, the 24-hour support that comes along with it).  By the sounds
of this letter, maybe funding is a definite "no no" because the Consultant is
not going to be indicating that it is needed.