Re: [IPk] And it's good bye from him.

I'd like to second this.  I should go and put something on my history of
equipment site (maybe later today, I'm about to try and drive to Swindon
while the rest of the south-east watches television),  Could I just
quote you, John?  The first two paragraphs (from 'Ray Morrissey ...' to
'.... for all those people.' are just right!

The supplies staff were a pleasure to ring up (can you let us know who
did your customer care training, or are you just great at selecting
naturally talented people?)

Best wishes,

(quite often, I suspect, a customer from hell)
dm 30+, 508 1+, bugging Ray 5+

In message <001101c21179$410421a0$email @ redacted>, John Davis
<email @ redacted> writes
>For those of you new to insulin pumps, Ray Morrissey and AMT kept pumps
>running in the UK during the "dark ages" when the medical professionals were
>not interested and there were only about 180 pump users, all self managing.
>Up until 1998, when Disetronic entered the UK market, Ray was the only
>source of pumps, supplies and training, we all owe a tremendous debt of
>gratitude to him for keeping the flag flying for all those years.
>I for one, will be sad to see Ray Morrissey leave the diabetes scene, he has
>been a part of it for many years during which time he has made many friends,
>(myself included) with his unfailing good humour and attitude, nothing was
>ever too much trouble for Ray and his team at AMT. We will miss them.
>John Davis

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)