[IPk] help!

This situation is most unfortunate. I find it difficult to believe that you've
seen several consecutive consultants who practice third world/ nineteenth
century diabetes care

I'm sure that they must be in breach of their terms of service if they don't
keep their knowledge up to date, at least to the point of realising that you
may benefit from a pump, and if they don't want to get involved they should
offer to refer you to someone who does

The General Medical Council states that doctors must listen to patients and
respect their views, and respect their right to be fully involved in decision
about their care, as well as keeping professional knowledge and skills up to
date, and recognising the limits of their professional competence. I would
read the latter statement as being willing to refer if they cannot provide the
service the patient requires

It is clearly undesirable for your control to continue as it is, and unfair to
expect you to endure the consequences of this. By denying you the opportunity
to trial a pump they are not providing good clinical care, and the fact that
they are neither willing to take responsibilty or refer you to someone who is,
surely justifies complaint