From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On
Behalf Of email @ redacted
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2002 13:43
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPk] Diet

Hi everyone, I have been reading with interest the comments on Diabetic
Diets, and the fact that they don't exist. I was diagnosed three years ago,
but I was told that I should have the same diet as a non diabetic, just
spread over the day. Of course it didn't work like that, the portion sizes
stayed the same, and I just added snacks! Hence the desperate need to loose
weight. But I was never told about carbohydrate counting, in fact the
impression I got was that no one did that any more ... is this not the case?
However, I was wondering how many of you had heard of DAFNE? I am going on
the course in a few weeks, where I will be taught to look at the carb
content of what I want to eat!!! I am really excited about it!!!