[IPk] Alternative site testing meter

Have you tried an Esprit 2 meter - from Bayer.  You can use a tiny amount of
blood, and they seem quite happy to give them away...

The main advantage I can see is that the strips come in a disc, so you have
no worries about putting them in correctly.  They are available on
prescription now and as a disc contains 10 strips, they should do a day
before it needs replacing.

Their website is http://www.glucometer.co.uk/esprit/index.html
(I just happened to be looking for the software download when I saw all the
messages on this!)

Also, as the machine "sucks" up blood - capillary action, you can use it at
any angle, so it is ideal for forearm testing...

Kate Clapham