From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On
Behalf Of Jackie Jacombs
Sent: 08 June 2002 23:20
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Alternative site testing meter

Andrew

I have found that I get a high error rate, "not enough blood" when I use
it on
Sasha. I didn't matter too much before as Medisense were providing free
strips
but I dont want to be wasting so many when I get them on prescription or
the
GP will start asking questions. I was also told that its essential to
use a
new lancet each time as well.  We don't change the finger pricker ones
that
often!

I still like the meter though and I am glad I have it.

Did you get your Lifescan from the clinic or did you buy it?  Are the
strips
available on prescription now?

Thanks Andrew

Jackie

> Joanne/Jackie,
>
> The Lifescan meter is the new One Touch Ultra.  It costs #15 & is one
of
> the tiniest I've ever seen.  The kit is a meter plus a finger pricker.
> The pricker has 2 different caps, one for fingers and one for arms,
etc.
> The lancets are available on prescription.  Sam is now using this as a
> spare for school and for other activities away from home.  He finds it
> very easy to use himself as it uses a tiny blood sample, sucks it up
by
> capillary action and gives the result in 5 seconds.
>
> We also have a Softsense, but find the Lifescan much more reliable.
The