From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: 08 June 2002 13:42
Subject: [IPk] Diet

> Hi everyone, I have been reading with interest the comments on Diabetic
Diets, and the fact that they don't exist. I was diagnosed three years ago,
but I was told that I should have the same diet as a non diabetic, just spread
over the day. Of course it didn't work like that, the portion sizes stayed the
same, and I just added snacks! Hence the desperate need to loose weight. But I
was never told about carbohydrate counting, in fact the impression I got was
that no one did that any more ... is this not the case? However, I was
wondering how many of you had heard of DAFNE? I am going on the course in a
few weeks, where I will be taught to look at the carb content of what I want
to eat!!! I am really excited about it!!!