[IPk] Diet

Hi everyone, I have been reading with interest the comments on Diabetic Diets, and the fact that they don't exist. I was diagnosed three years ago, but I was told that I should have the same diet as a non diabetic, just spread over the day. Of course it didn't work like that, the portion sizes stayed the same, and I just added snacks! Hence the desperate need to loose weight. But I was never told about carbohydrate counting, in fact the impression I got was that no one did that any more ... is this not the case? However, I was wondering how many of you had heard of DAFNE? I am going on the course in a few weeks, where I will be taught to look at the carb content of what I want to eat!!! I am really excited about it!!!