Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #129

> in general I would advise caution with carbo counting as they
>often advocate counting significant CHO values for non-starchy vegetables -
>these don't affect me at all,

100g onion is 8g, 200g tinned tomatoes is 6g, 100g young raw carrots is
6g.  Since 6g CHO will push up my bg by 2 points, I do have to inject
for such things (perhaps this also contributed to the length of time I
have to spend managing my diabetes - can 'normal' diabetics eat such
things and ignore them?)

100g boiled parsnip is 13g (not so much less than boiled potatoes, which
are 17g), so maybe you count them as a 'starchy' vegetable?

I was interested to hear that you find beans a problem ... what do they
do to you? Me, they make high hours later (it's rather as if half a tin
of baked beans came with a couple of 100g of invisible cheese attached!.

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)