Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #129

> in general I would advise caution with carbo counting as they
>often advocate counting significant CHO values for non-starchy vegetables -
>these don't affect me at all,
Really?

100g onion is 8g, 200g tinned tomatoes is 6g, 100g young raw carrots is
6g.  Since 6g CHO will push up my bg by 2 points, I do have to inject
for such things (perhaps this also contributed to the length of time I
have to spend managing my diabetes - can 'normal' diabetics eat such
things and ignore them?)

100g boiled parsnip is 13g (not so much less than boiled potatoes, which
are 17g), so maybe you count them as a 'starchy' vegetable?

I was interested to hear that you find beans a problem ... what do they
do to you? Me, they make high hours later (it's rather as if half a tin
of baked beans came with a couple of 100g of invisible cheese attached!.

Best wishes,

Pat
--
Pat Reynolds