Re: [IPk] coeliac disease

just read your story, what a fantastic woman you are.  I'm sure most of us
diabetics relate to your own experiences with diabetes - the embarrassment
and awkwardness of it all, just wanting to be 'normal'.  But then also having
to cope with miscarriages (another reason to hate diabetes).  The joys of
having a beautiful daughter, then the distress at having to cope with her
diagnosis.  I get quite cross that the NHS are really tight when it comes to
equiptment for diabetes especially if children and parents are denied the
right of peace of mind (re. to gluco watch).  I remember it took me about 8
yrs before I was able to talk about diabetes without getting embarressed.  I
have even presented talks on diabetes for college, but others do find it

Your daughter is living in a very progressive world and hopefully she will be
'cured' and she will be the last person in your family to be diabetic.