Re: [IPk] Various issues (airport security again!)

> >Has anyone been through a metal detector and NOT set it off. I'm
almost >thinking of disconnecting and putting pump in bag next time but
find >reconnecting difficult to do discretely. Plus, always a bit
paranoid about >someone snatching bag  Hello,Yes a couple of times I have
managed not to set the detectors off - but it's the exception not the
norm!  The last time I went through Gatwick the security people used a
vacuum cleaner type device to "sniff" the pump for explosives.  My last
trip was to Romania, and the airport security there was the surliest I've
experienced.  They made me take it off and put it through the scanner -
no argulemnts allowed.  So everyone got a nice flash of my middle as I
disconnected. (I think it was worse for the bystanders than for me.....) Katharine