[IPk] Carbohydrate books?

Hello everyone

I know there is a book called Countdown to Carbohydrate (or similar) but I
have heard so many differing stories about carbohydrate and protein and what
effects it has on diabetes blood sugar control.  I am now not sure which book
to buy.  Has anyone bought a book which they have found to cover everything
with diabetes regarding food content?  The reason I ask this is because
somebody wrote in about the Bernstein book and how it had helped control
their diabetes.  Have any other diabetics on this list read his book and did
the diabetes clinic accept it?