Re: [IPk] Re: Lack of support

>My daughters consultant says, thru the nurse, get a pump and we WILL NOT
>support your after care..Quote..who you gonna run to when you need support!
>Nice local authority care . not!

Well, they may just be being honest, and saying that they wouldn't know
what to do ...

That is to a certain extent, a cop-out.  What are they going to do if I
fell off the historic building I was climbing up in Essex last week,
broke my leg, and turned up in their hospital and the surgeon asked them
what to do with the pump during the operation????

You are not far from London: ask for a second opinion from one of the
major teaching hospitals which runs a pump clinic!  But honestly, I
think once your daughter is off the pre-mix, and on mdi, you'll stop
wanting a pump.  I'd use that as a bargain 'I won't mention the pump for
six months, if you put her on mdi today, review in three months,
including changing the basal insulin if it seems not to be working'.

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 1+

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)