[IPk] New 'Pumper Groupie'

Thanks everyone for your comments on my joining the group.  I fully take on
board the comments regarding the objective hard facts of the HbA1c etc versus
the more subjective 'feeling great' and even better when they coincide.  As a
health professional I have been brought up on the diet of audit to make sure
what you are doing is effective.  Unfortunately we tend to audit the data
that we think is important without looking at the wider issues.  Working with
diabetics has really changed the way I 'think and do' as a nurse.  I've never
had a more challenging role and get very frustrated by the often poor
knowledge of some of my colleagues in the health service.  I forget how much
worse my knowledge was not so long ago!!!
I definitely try to work enthusiastically but it can be very demoralising
when the nurses in the team and their opinions are not always valued.
Luckily I work with experienced diabetes nurses who keep the enthusiasm
going.  I'm hoping that the information from this site will keep me as
enthusiastic with insulin pumps but good and bad experiences that are
reported are equally valuable to me.