Re: [IPk] Square Wave Bolus

Hi Caroline
When I use the square wave I keep the same total amount of insulin as I would
normally. It sounds as if you have the right amount, but in the wrong
proportions.
I also take the bolus after the meal rather than before, as the timing works
better that way for me (so I don't go low and then high). Half an hour can
make quite a lot of difference.
You might need to alter the ratio a bit more, so you take, say, 1/3 when you
eat, and the remaining 2/3 over the next 4 hours. Also, if your BG was high 4
huors after eating, you might want to reduce the amount of time you spread
the square wave over. So you might take 1/3 when you eat, and the remaining
2/3 over say 3 hours rather than 4. Remember that the insulin will still be
in your system for another 2 hours or so, so it will still be active around 5
hours after you've eaten.

The only way to do it is to experiment though (which means you get to eat
lots of pizza :-)
Di