[IPk] Square Wave Bolus

After observing what certain foods (including, you guessed it... pizza!)
have done to my blood sugars, I decided to experiment with a square wave
bolus last night. However, it didn't really seem to work, so I was wondering
how others use these boluses.

Foods like these with normal bolus would usually see my blood sugar going
too low within 3 hours and climbing at around 4 1/2 - 5 hours after eating.
Last night I tried dividing the total bolus in half, giving half just before
eating, and half over 4 hours. In less than two hours, I was hypo (3.1,
having been 6.9 before the meal) and two hours after that my BG was too

I'm confident the total bolus was correct according to my usual ratio (I
read the carb content off the back of the box!) but I was wondering whether
besides using a square wave bolus I need to actually adjust the total amount
of insulin to cover these foods.

IDDM 18+ yrs, MM507 3 weeks