Re: [IPk] reuse

Affirmative on reusing the stainless steel cannula but, in pre-pumping days,
I always reused syringes may times without infection or pain. Back further,
in days of glass syringes and push-on needles, these were also used many
times. My general rule is: bin the syringe/cannula the first time it hurts.
Many people, especially those in the US not covered by insurance, reuse
syringes many times with no adverse effects.

I mentioned I've had no infection and, as regards scar tissue formation, how
would the said tissue know it was a cleaned cannula rather than a new one?
Also, I don't think my personal reuse of cleaned cannulae compares with the
habits and practices of HIV drug abusers.

You don't say if you're a pumper or type T1 and this is always useful
information. Perhaps you're a funded user?