Re: [IPk] My first enquiry

My Minimed 508 pump, self funded, cost #2450. The consumables will cost
around #80/month if you adopt the manufacturer's  recommended schedule, i.e.
choose the most expensive cannula and change it every two days. However, I
use the infusion set many times. I change it every 2/3 days and rinse
current one with surgical spirit and store for re-use. There's been no
infections or other adverse reactions with this technique and it
dramatically cuts the cost. Also, I refill the reservoirs 3 or 4 times and,
so far, there's no sign of sticking. With these economies I can afford the
monthly cost and without them I certainly couldn't.

Allan, T1 for 47 years, pumping for 1 year.