Re: [IPk] I've started the ball rolling!

In message <003801c20696$2bab41a0$email @ redacted>, Jackie Jacombs
<email @ redacted> writes
>I dont know how I can make her HbA1c higher
>without ignoring high readings and not treating highs.

You could do is reset what her 'normal' range is - i.e. where you treat
hypos, where you treat hypers, and where you 'aim' for when giving
corrective shots.

I guess that, at the moment, you treat 4 as hypo, give corrections at
12+, aming to bring to 6 (or some such).

What you need to do is add a little to each of those figures:

treat 4.5 as a hypo. give corrections at 14+, and aim to bring back down
to 7 (for example).

This is the reverse of the normal process for pump users - we start off
with high figures, and gradually move them down past our old figures to
new, low ones.

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 1+
Pat Reynolds