Re: [IPk] BG's and illness

Sorry you've got the bug too Audrey! It's possible we've all had the
same thing...

Going back to Di's original email, when I went down with it, I was
also stubbornly hypo for several hours. I ate an entire packet of
glucose, and my bg remained around 4. When I started to feel sick, I
wasn't sure if it was caused by the hypo, or by a bug.

Not sure, but it is possible that my stomach was not digesting any of
the food I'd eaten earlier. So perhaps my lunch bolus had gone
through me, while the lunch itself remained undigested in my stomach.
And the glucose I swallowed also went nowhere (although in theory
glucose can pass directly through the mucous membrane of your mouth
and throat if you suck it slowly)

mailto:email @ redacted