[IPk] BG's and illness

I know there was an earlier thread on BG's and illness and how you have to
increase your basal.  I have had a pretty nasty bug the past few days and am
still not over it, but what I notice is the increase in my bolus needs as
well as my basal.

What I did to try to circumvent high BG's was increase my basal by 40%
throughout the day and then have been taking extra boluses if need be, but
in addition when I have eaten my boluses have had to be almost double what I
usually take for that amount of CHO - anyone else noticed this?

Audrey Sheal
IDDM 20 years +; Minimed 508 pumper 7 months+

Scottish Enterprise Network