[IPk] Hypo whilst driving

 Hi John

Your hypo at the wheel must have been a terrifying experience for you and
your wife.

I was just wondering about what you said about your wife taking out the key.
If you remove the key from my car the steering wheel locks!!!!!!!   might
this cause a problem too if the car cannot be steered?  I don't know what
else your wife could have done, if as you say you still had your foot on the
accelerator.   If you leave the key in lock in my car but just "turn it"
off, the steering column doesn't "lock".   I don't know if this is safer.  I
have a Vauxhall Astra I don't know if it is a anti- theft feature on most

I think your wife was very quick thinking and did extremely well.  I hope
you are both recovered from the incident now.