Re: [IPk] High morning BG's

Hi Liz,

I'm at about the same spot you are!  Both in terms of length of
experience with the pump, and with what's happening.

What are your bgs like at 2am, 3am, 4am, etc?

>From 4am to 8am I seem to be in the 4s or 5s, feeling bad (post-hypo,
including the 'insuliner headache') but have not been able to spot a
hypo (and my husband is pretty fed up with the alarm clock), or in the
12 - 15 area, not feeling so bad. I'm beginning to think that waking up
with a low teens bg (having been in the 6 - 8 range at 3am is the best
that can be achieved - since upping the insulin seems to drive me into
hypo).  This is giving me an average bg in the 9s or 10s - which is 3 to
6 points below the best I could achieve pre-pump.

What I seem to need is a faster insulin than Humalog!

Best wishes,

DM 30+, 508 2 months+
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)