Re: [IPk] audio bolus on the Minimed 508

Di & John Thanks for the info it does make sense as sometimes my asa rate
is as high as 2.4 so the pump is working twice as hard I've only once
bought batteries and that was for the trial 507 and I can't remember if I
noticed any difference but maybe the facilities on the 508 make the
tiniest difference Di I'm just going to have to work harder to get my
basals down to save money !! Carmel

>From: John Neale <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: Re:
[IPk] audio bolus on the Minimed 508 >Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:19:58
+0200 > > >How long are the batteries meant to last mine seem to last
exactly 3 wks > >no matter what I do I very rarely use remote in fact I
know I didn;t use > >it in the last 3 wks to see if it made any
difference do You think having > >a higer basal rate thereby using more
clks makes any difference ? Carmel > >Carmel - my theory, and it's
nothing more than a theory, is that while >light and sound do consume
power, most of the battery power is used up with >the physical work of
driving the plunger in and pushing all that insulin >through the system.
So if you use twice as much insulin as me, your battery >may only last
half as long, if you follow... > >Sadly I haven't a clue how long my
batteries last! So I can't test this >theory. Convenient eh? > >John >