Re: [IPk] audio bolus on the Minimed 508

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, you wrote:
> How long are the batteries meant to last mine seem to last exactly 3 wks
> no matter what I do I very rarely use remote in fact I know I didn;t use
> it in the last 3 wks to see if it made any difference do You think having
> a higer basal rate thereby using more clks makes any difference ? Carmel

Hi Carmel
I think bolusing a lot probably makes more of a difference.
And using the backlight does apparently too.
I have quite a high basal rate - between 1.0 and 1.3 units/hour - and I get
about 6 weeks battery life out of mine.
It does depend on the batteries too - do you use the Minimed supplied ones?
Even if you do (which I do) sometimes they last longer than others. Someone
told me (I think) that  if you store them in the fridge they last longer, but
I've never tried that.