Re: [IPk] audio bolus on the Minimed 508

How long are the batteries meant to last mine seem to last exactly 3 wks
no matter what I do I very rarely use remote in fact I know I didn;t use
it in the last 3 wks to see if it made any difference do You think having
a higer basal rate thereby using more clks makes any difference ? Carmel

>From: Diana Maynard <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: [IPk] audio bolus
on the Minimed 508 >Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 13:05:38 +0100 > >Now that
I've discovered the audio bolus (thanks Elizabeth!) I'm finding it >very
useful. >But I was wondering if using it drains the batteries a lot
faster? >I've been told that using the backlight causes a lot of battery
drain. >I suspect that using the vibrate mode does too. >Another strange
thing I've noticed with the 508 is that although I seem to get >about the
same length of battery time in total as with my old 506, I get a lot
>less time after the low battery warning comes up. I used to get about 6
weeks >before the warning, but well over a week after the warning before
they finally >died. Now I still get the 6 weeks, but I only get about 2
days max after the >warning. >Probably most people here have only ever
had one model of pump though, so it's >hard to compare. > Di