Re: [IPk] Re: Soft-sense Meters

email @ redacted writes:

> My guess is that this product is aimed at people with limited manual
> dexterity, or partially sighted. Don't know.
> The Therasense FreeStyle is mentioned on this page as well - that's another
> small meter that uses a miniscule amount of blood (think pin-heads).

The size of the Sof-Sense meter is larger than others mainly because it
contains a vacuum pump and integrated lancet and test strip inside. I believe
that it is a product aimed at anyone who finds finger pricking unpleasant.

The Sof-Sense requires about the same amount of blood as the Therasense.
However, I don't think that the Therasense has the integrated lancet system.