Re: [IPk] Medtronic to purchase MiniMed

I am sure you will hear from MiniMed directly about this, but from my
perspective I would think that Medtronic, who are the worlds leading Medical
equipment company, will pretty much want MiniMed to continue to develope its
business as it is now.

As a much larger company, but sharing much of the technological expertise in
the medical equipment area, there are greater opportunities here for the
continued developement of Insulin Pump therapy and I would look forward to
interesting times ahead.

As these deals always take months to complete I would not anticipate any
changes in the immediate future. Ultimately as the end users you should
experience absolutely no difficulties and supplies etc will continue
undisturbed by happenings at this level.

To the best of my knowledge there is no relationship with Disetronic and I
would expect the Minimed name to continue since it has such value around the
world.

Watch this space.

Keep posting

Ray Morrissey