Re: [IPk] Hospital and ambulance costs

I think this is an ideal opportunity to get your new MP involved.  Write
him a simple letter, asking for just the information you have asked us
for, explaining why you want it.  It will be an easy enough thing for
his researcher to do ... and just by him asking your NHS trust these
questions, they'll be alerted to the possibility of Headlines and
Questions in the House.  It's a lot easier for them to fund the pump.

Best wishes,

(who does acknowledge that women can be MPs, but to be frank, the odds
are against you having a female MP)

In message <000801c0ed2e$b64927a0$email @ redacted>, Jennifer Carter
<email @ redacted> writes
>I want to write a second supporting letter for my daughter to be funded by the
>It has been "in committee" for 6 months now!
>Can anyone tell me what the cost of an ambulance "call-out" is -
>and also the costs of 24 hours in hospital?
>Without the pump I think we would have made use of both an ambulance
>and a hospital bed recently.  My daughter had persistent vomiting -
>which on injections meant severe hypo and ambulance call out -
>but this time just meant adjusting her basal rate -
>and monitoring closely - plus a visit to the doctor to stop
>the vomiting.  Love the pump!

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)