[IPk] (Fwd) Simulating insulin pump usage with AIDA ...

Thought all of you might find this interesting.
See the second link referenced below for the "pump-like" simulation

From:          "Dr. Eldon D. Lehmann" <email @ redacted>
To:            <email @ redacted>
Subject:       Simulating insulin pump usage with AIDA ...
Date:          Sun, 3 Jun 2001 12:11:49 +0100

Hi there.  I hope you won't mind me contacting you 'out of the blue' -
but at some point in the past we have liaised about pump usage with
the AIDA diabetes simulator (note copied below).

Well, recently I have come across some insulin pump users who have
been making use of AIDA.  Basically they are using 2 entries for
long-acting insulin (e.g. ultratard) to provide a 'basal'-like
background level of insulin - and then supplement this with some
short-acting (regular) insulin to provide boluses.  In this way some
people seem to be finding the simulator of use - even for pump
education.  I don't have too much experience with this myself - but
have set up a trial Web page at: http://www.2aida.org/pump  - as an
interim measure until we get a dedicated version of AIDA that will
simulate pump regimens.

Also accessible from the  http://www.2aida.org/pump   page is a second
page (at:  http://www.2aida.org/aida/fast-track8.htm) which allows an
example of this approach to be simulated via 'AIDA on-line'.

My reason for writing is to enquire if there is any chance that you
might be able to take a look at this - and let me know what you

Clearly this can only address the more basic of pump regimens.
Nevertheless as people have been making use of this approach - it
seemed that it might be worthwhile to make this known to a wider
audience via the Website.

I would welcome your thoughts on this.

Thanking you for your kind assistance.

With best wishes,
Yours sincerely,

Dr. Eldon Lehmann
E-mail: email @ redacted

AIDA Website:  http://www.2aida.org

'AIDA on-line' can now be accessed directly at:
http://www.2aida.org/online To be automatically informed about updates
to the AIDA diabetes simulator software range (AIDA v4 and 'AIDA
on-line') please feel free to subscribe to the very low volume AIDA
simulator registration / announcement list - by sending a blank email
note to:  email @ redacted