Re: [IPk] Bernstein's book

In message <000901c0ead4$00e13760$email @ redacted>, Abigail King
<email @ redacted> writes
>I've just glanced through diabetes solutions. Bernstein's regime seems to
>have very impressive results but you'd need some discipline to stick to it.
>( 6g CHO at breakfast 12g at lunch and dinner. Only 2 tbsp of milk and no

I have just worked out that I only need to be 2g out in my calculations
of the CHO content, to be 50/50 in range/out of range (assuming I was
in-range and stable, to start with.

So ... If I took the view that 12g of CHO for lunch was good (and I only
had 15g today - caesar salad, with the CHO coming from croutons, onion
crisply bits and vegetarian bacon bits), then estimating 12, and finding
I had only 9, or had 15, would be a pretty big variation, and I'd be
unlikely to make the mistake, so I'd be more likely to be in target.
If, as with more normal lunches, I estimated that I had 35 - but
actually only had 32, or 38 - that isn't such a big variation.

Personally, I'd rather have better food labelling, and eat what I want
to eat (be it caesar salad, beans on toast, or moules mariniers) than
binding myself down to caesar salad every day (although I do like it!)

Best wishes,

>It would be interesting if a large scale well  conducted trial took place..
>He doesn't have anything good to say about pumps though

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)