Re: [IPk] Consultant's behaviour

Hilly I hate to say it but I sometimes despair of DSNs to be honest and
gave up and started using them to procure equipment and gain advice about
it . The reason is becuase they are given a certain protocol to follow
and if you fall outside it it must be your fault and not theirs and that
is what has happened to you. I had a very similar experience which is why
I changed hospitals but I was still under the eye dept @ the original so
that should not be a problem unless they un the clinics concurrently. I
can't understand wny you are not being considered for a pump it is no
wonder you suffer from depression if your  BGs are constantly high they
should treat you holistically and not shove you from pillar to post. Ask
your GP for a referral to King's good kuck Carmel

>From: "Hilly Beattie" <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: <email @ redacted> >Subject: Re:
[IPk] Consultant's behaviour >Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 20:43:08 +0100 >
>Yeah, I am beginning to consider King's, especially after a few people
have >mentioned them here recently. It would be farther to travel but not
much. I >think it is that they don't think I am capable of knowing what I
need and >the nurse Shelia certainly washed her hands of it. I keep bad
mouthing this >nurse but she does know her stuff and did some fantastic
work with me at the >beginning. I had great confidence in her so I don't
want other people who >may use her to have doubts in her ability.
However, maybe a fresh start >elsewhere would be good for all. I'd miss
the Doc that does my retinopathy >as she is fab, but I guess that would
be the only thing :) >----- Original Message ----- >From: "Abigail King"
<email @ redacted> >To: <email @ redacted> >Sent: Sunday, June 03,
2001 6:34 AM >Subject: [IPk] Consultant's behaviour > > > > Hilly > > The
attitude shown by the clinc staff is odd to say the least, for a >clinic
> > which supports people who are pumping > > Do they see the pump as a
reward for someone whose control is already > > reasonable, as opposed to
a tool to help well motivated people with > > difficulties in controlling
DM? > > It seems that as someone who tests diligently and keeps records,
and > > generally tries to make sense of an impossible situation, you
would be a > > good candidate for the pump > > > > It seems that there is
a massive clash of personalities here and either >they > > don't want you
to be in control or they don't feel competent to help you > > Either way,
the way they are conducting themselves is most unprofessional > > It
sounds as if it would be best for all involved if you could get a > >
referral to a different clinic(preferably with pump experience) and make