Re: [IPk] Depression

Pat,
I was working with Shelia for over a year as my normal nurse and yes she
must be very busy as I tried to get an appointment with her for over 6
months and was completely ignored. I phoned her, popped in and left messages
for her, spoke to everyone I could and to no avail. Finally I said I was
making a complaint against her and she phoned me back! I thought I had a
good relationship with her until my depression got worse. Through Sheila I
went into psychotherapy at St Thomas' but Shelia decided she didn't need to
see me until I had finished the psychotherapy as it was my attitude that was
affecting my diabetes. One time when I phoned and spoke to another nurse and
explained what was happening and she told me I wasn't the first to complain
and she didn't know what to say except not to tell anyone she had told me!
Finally I got to see Julia Kidd but they still won't make me follow up
appointments so everytime I want to see a nurse I have to start all over
again. My consultant (Mike) after 4 days of reasonable blood (average 15/16)
laughingly  told me he had told Shelia about the "better" control he had
managed to secure and Shelia had said "it won't last". I can't fight that
treatment any longer so I don't try. To get the appointment with Julia I had
to pour my heart out and spend ages on the phone explaining why I want an
app. because as Julia pretty much said I had been coming to Guy's for 3
years and my blood sugars hadn't changed regardless of the insulins and
regimes they had put me on, so what more did I expect? How can you fight
that when it's coming from the very place you seek help and advice? Mike
keeps saying how good it is that my kidneys aren't ruined yet as I have most
other complications and yet still won't discuss the pump.

Ever so long as always , you wouldn't want to get stuck on a train with me
:)

Hilly