Re: [IPk] Bernstein's book

The reviews for this book I've seen are from type 1s I haven't read the
book yet  I can't comment ,but I can see that it may work for the rare
type 1s (as I perceive it ) like me I can see it might work I would be
willing to try it as nothing else has worked so far except for 4 pints of
skimmed milk per day so anything has to be better than that Carmel

>From: "Ingrid Morrow" <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: Re:
[IPk] Bernstein's book >Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 17:26:00 +0100 > >John >
>That's exactly what I thought as I was reading his book. > >To me it is
a very tough regime. So I have not attempted it, but it >has >worked
wonders for some (admittedly most type 2ers). > >Ingrid > >>From: John
Neale <email @ redacted> >>Reply-To: email @ redacted
>>To: email @ redacted >>Subject: Re: [IPk] Bernstein's book
>>Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:25:19 +0200 >> >>Abigail - >> >>I have no
direct experience of very low carb diets. But it would >>appear >>that it
works for some and not for others. We are all built >>differently. If
>>it works for you - great! If it doesn't, there are many other ways >>to
run >>one's diabetes. >> >>Since one of the benefits of pumping is to
match your insulin to >>your carb >>intake with some precision and
flexibility, if you're not eating >>much carb >>the benefits of the pump
would perhaps be reduced. >> >>John >> >> >I've just glanced through
diabetes solutions. Bernstein's regime >>seems to >> >have very
impressive results but you'd need some discipline to >>stick to >>it. >>
>( 6g CHO at breakfast 12g at lunch and dinner. Only 2 tbsp of >>milk and
no >> >tomatoes!!) >> >It would be interesting if a large scale well
conducted trial >>took >>place.. >> >He doesn't have anything good to say
about pumps though >> >> >>-- >>mailto:email @ redacted