Re: [IPk] Post-meal Spikes

Hi Mike
That's great that you've managed to eliminate so many possibilities (well,
in some ways it's great, as it makes it easier to figure out what's going
 It sounds as if it is mainly a problem of the Humalog acting too
slowly for the carbs. In which case, odd though it sounds, the square
wave (or adding a temporary increase in basalrate ) is probably the best
solution. You said it gave you good results initially, then things went
haywire again. Perhaps you just need to play around some more with this.

I've just thought of something else. You said that if you increased your
mealtime bolus, your post-meal BG was fine, but you went low 5 hours later.
I wonder if you could try sticking with the increase, but then setting a
temporary *decrease* in basal rate a couple of hours later to combat the
following drop?

Do let us know if you find a solution.