Re: [IPk] Diabetes Update

>email your name and address to email @ redacted<<
>I tried to subscribe via this address but my mail was bounced. Not listed
>address apparently.

Hmmm. That's odd. I'll take a look. I have also found that
email @ redacted, email @ redacted and
email @ redacted (the address advertised for comments on their old
website) also fail. Perhaps 10 Queen Anne St, London W1M 0BD might for the
moment be best... :-(

I had a chat with Rob Saunders, the Diabetes Update editor, yesterday.
Diabetes Update contains adverts for prescribable drugs (which presumably
funds the publication) and you are forbidden under UK law to advertise such
drugs to the public (lest we, the public, injure ourselves by applying
pressure on our doctors to prescribe drugs that we have read about...).
That is why distribution of Diabetes Update is restricted to healthcare

However, there are some articles (without adverts) available at
http://www.diabetes.org.uk/diabuk/health/update/update.htm (Despite having
been recently relaunched, this site is still in my opinion extremely

One I mentioned last week on patient empowerment ("The power of eating") is
currently there, and I expect the one on pump therapy to be added in the
next 2 or 3 weeks.

mailto:email @ redacted