Re: [IPk] Letter in Balance

> >Surely  given the correlation between parents, children and diabetes, it
> >would not be unwise for diabetics to at least consider the alternative of
> >adoption.

This is an old thread.... The chances of a diabetic parent having a
diabetic child are only slightly greater than that for a non-diabetic
parent and certainly vanishingly small compared to all the other
risks encountered when conceiving a child -- downs, spinabifida, cf,
etc... the list is enormous and only a few have definitive fetal
tests available to detect them. For those who wish to adopt, more
power to them, for those who do not, it is not our job to judge their
motives or desires regarding children.