[IPk] Letter in Balance

Robert email @ redacted
06/16/2000 10:44

I too would not wish diabetes on anybody, especially a child (any child)...
Surely  given the correlation between parents, children and diabetes, it
would not be unwise for diabetics to at least consider the alternative of
adoption. People should perhaps get off there 'equal rights for everybody and
everything' soapboxes and start to consider practicalities. Wake up! diabetes
is a devastating disease that maims and kills (slowly), there is not a day
goes by where i can put it to the back of my mind. Do people really want to
risk offering such a future to a child. I am afraid i have to agree to do
such a thing may be considered by some to be a little selfish... however
political or moraly incorrect that opinion may be considered ...