Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V1 #271 Funding

> Following Micheal's plea re: funding, I note details are given for
> IRS (ie in the United States of America) tax relief for charitable
> gifts. Is it possible for UK resident taxpayers to donate to the
> list and get Gift Aid relief? I guess it will be necessary for the
> UK list to be a registered UK charity.

I read through the Inland Revenue publication "IR65 Giving to
charity" and I am throughly confused. I know there are some
intermediate charitable organisations in the UK that will accept and
transfer funds to international charities, but I can't figure out how
a direct gift works. Perhaps one of you in the UK could provide some
insight. In the mean time, I've started the ball rolling to register
with CAF, that should do the trick.